Garbage disposal units might not be a new concept, but the latest devices in this category have certainly set the bar higher than ever before. The clogging and jamming issues proprietary to the first units have been addressed with the introduction of the more powerful motors and innovative grinding blades. At the same time, while in the early days you would have needed the assistance of a certified plumber and an electrician to install a garbage disposal, the features of the new features enable homeowners to mount and replace them via the DIY approach.
Granted, the innovations in the field does not necessarily entail that all models constitute equally viable garbage disposal solutions in terms of feasibility, robustness, speed or noise. However, you do not have to spend your entire month’s budget on such a unit in order to enjoy all the benefits and the Waste King L-3300 Legend Series garbage disposal is proof of that.
The L-3300′s engine might have lower horsepower compared to the 9980, but it definitely performs the duties of a residential garbage disposal admirably. Affixed with sharp steel grinding parts imbedded in a chamber constructed from nylon filled with glass, the Waste King L-3300 sports a robust motor that can tear through the toughest of the organic garbage you can throw at it. Let’s examine the features that recommend this model.
Features of Waste King L-3300
- The motor of the garbage disposal unit has 3/4 HP and can produce blade speeds of over 2700 RPM
- In order to power the L-3300, it has to be hardwired to a network that can output 115V, 60Hz and 6.0A
- This unit is a continuous feed mode, in the sense that additional organic waste can be inserted while the grinder is operating
- All grinding components (swivels, rotator blades, etc.) are constructed from robust stainless steel alloys
- Grinding chamber is also rustproof, being made of strong nylon compounds filled with glass
- The package includes a splash guard with permits you to avoid unpleasant accidents and maintain the kitchen fixture clean
- Extremely quiet, thanks to the excellent insulation utilized on all the parts of the garbage disposal
- Works well for both the households that depend on a septic tank and those hooked to the local waste pipeline infrastructure
- The dimensions of the L-3300 unit are 14.5 inches in height, 9.8 inches in width and 9.8 inches in depth, with a total weight of 12.4 pounds
- Impressively simple installation, even in the absence of extensive plumber/electrician skills
- Power cord (36 inches) is included in the package for convenience
- Frontal positioned reset button simplifies the grinding tasks
A compact garbage disposal unit constructed from high quality materials like heavy duty steel and nylon filled with glass, the Waste King L-3300 sports an excellent motor, includes several convenience features and can be easily mounted in your kitchen in no time at all.