Certain plumbing “experts” spread the misconception that a garbage disposer unit should never be utilized when the wastewater goes into the septic tank rather than the city’s sewer system. The explanation for the popularity of this erroneous idea comes from the fact that certain organic compounds are more difficult to dissolve than others and the standard bacterial cultures in septic tanks cannot break them apart.
However true this statement may be, it does not take into account that nowadays, there are garbage disposal units especially designed to operate in conjunction with a septic tank. This is the case with the Evolution Septic Assist model manufactured by InSinkErator, which is basically a retrofitted version of the Evolution Essential.
The addition that makes the appliance in discussion special consists of the microorganism culture that promotes faster waste decomposing. Therefore, while standard units are completely ineffective and will cause the septic tank to fill up quickly, the performance of the InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist recommends it for any household that is not connected to the city sewage pipelines.
Features of InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist
- The features of this model recommend it for septic tank waste disposal systems, but it works equally well for homes connected to the city waste pipelines
- The garbage disposal unit incorporates the Bio-Charge injector, which not only promotes efficient decomposition of waste but also eliminates unpleasant odors
- The muffles and noise canceling technology proprietary to the ISE Evolution series makes operating the device 40% more hushed compared to typical units
- In addition to the Bio-Charge, the dual stage grinding process guarantees an effective liquefying of even the toughest organic waste
- Installation process of Evolution Septic Assist model is performed via an intuitive “quick locking” system
- Repairs and part replacements are a snap, thanks to the mounting method
- The casing of the garbage disposal unit is constructed from durable steel alloys
- The motor and sink connector have been insulated and muffled in order to avoid vibrations
- The dimensions of the appliance are 16 inches in height, 11 inches in width and 14 inches in depth, with a total weight of approximately 25.5 pounds
- The capacity of the grinding chamber is 40 ounces
- The Dura Drive motor of the unit is able to provide 3/4 hp grinding and is hardwired to the electrical system
- Power consumption will generally not exceed 1/2 KWh on a monthly basis
- A connection can be established with the dishwasher’s drain
A unit that can easily disprove the theory stating that garbage disposal units and septic tanks don’t play well together, the ISE Evolution Septic Assist is an appliance with a sturdy construction, a powerful and efficient motor and an innovative waste decomposing booster. Although the name of the manufacturer alone is enough to vouch for its quality, InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist Septic Assist models also have a 4 year warranty for the parts as well as the labor.